Monday, October 10, 2005

Going south

So, I find myself in Richmond, VA today. The place that is likely to be my home for a few years, even though I still work in MD. No, I am not commuting every day from here to MD. My brain would die at some point while crossing the Occoquan. That would suck. But at least I got to use "Occoquan" in a sentence.

Hehe.

Occoquan.

It's a river. And a town that is named for the river.

Occoquan. http://www.occoquan.com/home.asp

Richmond has the distinction of being a national capitol for a breif shining moment back in the 1800s. Those of you who are US historians will recall this... Richmond was the capitol of the Confederates States of America.

So I fucked up my shoulder last week mountain biking up in Patapsco. Took a jump I have taken a zillion times, but that day... ON THAT DAY... I struck a branch that had blown down on the trail just as I approached the jump. It threw off my concentration, and I ended up doing a faceplant from about 6ft in the air. Landed on my face, and then my left shoulder. Ouch.

Always wear your helmets, kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger MAW said...

*positive mojo* for healing from surgery this morning. Hope you're doing okay....

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home